Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Student Spotlight: Mary Brannen

Check Out The Second City's Student Spotlight! Get to know these awesome students and what makes them tick! Do you know a SC student that deserves the limelight? Email Andrew Thorp at athorp@secondcity.com with your recommendation.

  • 1. Who are you?
    a. Mary Brannen
  • 2. Where are you from?
    a. Wisconsin - Brookfield
  • 3. Why did you start taking classes with The Second City?
    a. I wanted to be less shy around people.
  • 4. What do you like most about the class you are taking this term?
    a. I trust everybody. That sounds silly, but I can make a complete ass out of myself in class and no one is judging me.
  • 5. Who is your current instructor?
    a. Kevin Reome
  • 6. Has your class helped you outside of the classroom? How?
    a. Yes. I am much more open to talking to strangers (which may not be a good thing, now that I think about it.)
  • 7. What's your favorite book.
    a. I just read and loved Enders Game.
  • 8. What is your favorite band
    a. Man-Heavy, Muse
  • 9. If you were stuck on an island with one Second City alum, who would it be and why?
    a. Amy Sedaris. She is very crafty and hilarious. She has two books about it. Not about being stuck on an island, but about craftiness.
  • 10. What's the funniest thing someone did in your class?
    a. A student pretended to be on roller skates while picking up ladies. He fell a lot. It was so funny I almost cried.
  • 11. What is something you did in class that got the most laughs?
    a. My swearing gets laughs because I am somewhat reserved. (We here at the SC don't recommend cussing unless you are as reserved as Miss Brannen.)
  • 12. Who is your favorite Second City related comedian presently?
    a. The trio Stephen Colbert/Paul Dinello/Amy Sedaris. (I think she wants us to stop asking her to pick favorites.)
  • 13. What do you love most about Chicago?
    a. The people I've met. (Awwwwww.)
  • 14. What do you hate most about Chicago?
    a. The Blue Line smells like pee.
  • 15. Any shows that we can see you in coming up?
    a. I will be making my improv debut in my upcoming level C show.

No comments:

Post a Comment