For the ninth year in a row The Second City has enlisted Chicago’s best improvisors and their musical counterparts in offering twenty-four consecutive hours of the best improvised live art you will see in the city. The Second City That Never Sleeps: Letters to Santa 24 HOURS OF IMPROV AND MUSIC will begin on Tuesday, December 14th at 7:00p and conclude on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 in The Second City e.t.c. Theater (1608 N. Wells). This unique event raises money and gives hope to disenfranchised Chicago families on Christmas day.
Improvisational games, scenes and songs inspired by sleep deprivation will accompany performances by musical acts such as Jeff Tweedy, The Danielson Famile, JC Brooks and the Uptown Sound, Robbie Fulks, Bill Callahan, and The Blisters.
- Raffle prizes will be available along with some of the most incredible auction items ever donated. Think-
- Iggy Pop’s original lyric book
- Two tickets to see SNL with a personal tour from Fred Armisen
- A lifetime pass for two to live events at Chicago’s Lincoln Hall
- A day in the studio with Steve Albini
- A private concert by Jeff Tweedy in your home with 29 of your closest friends. Last year this auction item generated $23,000.
More performers will be added and set times will be available soon.
This event is open to all ages. Tickets will be available at the door only from 6pm on Tuesday December 14 throughout the event. Tickets are $15 (cash only) and are good for the entire 24 hour event as long as seats are available.
WATCH IT LIVE at letterstosantachicago.comLetters will be provided by Jane Addams Hull House Association www.hullhouse.org